Terrell Marshall is committed to promoting diversity and equality by actively recruiting diverse candidates in the legal field and supporting anti-racism work in our community. Diversity, inclusion, and anti-racism are our fundamental values and are integral to the law we practice at Terrell Marshall. The firm’s Diversity Committee is dedicated to proposing, developing, and implementing actions we can take to support diversity and inclusion inside and outside our firm. We will continue to challenge inequities and pursue work that aligns with our core values of diversity, inclusion, and anti-racism.
- Dedicate time to pro bono and other public interest work focused on cases that benefit people of color—especially Black and Indigenous people
- Provide paid time to encourage employees to combat police violence and other forms of systemic racism outside the workplace, including paid time for legal observing at Black Lives Matter protests and for poll protection work
- Actively recruit diverse candidates for our hiring and internship pool
- Contribute to targeted scholarships for diverse students interested in the legal field
Terrell Marshall Law Group Diversity Scholarship
In honor of our commitment to diversifying our field, Terrell Marshall offers annual scholarships to underrepresented candidates pursuing legal careers in Washington state.
Each year, we award:
• Two $2,500 scholarships to law school students;
• Two $1,000 scholarships to paralegal or legal assistant students; and
• Two $500 scholarships to legal secretarial students
Law school scholarship candidates must be accepted to or attending the University of Washington, Seattle University, or Gonzaga schools of law, or be a Washington resident attending an accredited law school in the United States. Paralegal and secretarial scholarship candidates must be a Washington resident majoring in paralegal or legal secretarial studies in an accredited program.
To apply, send your CV and a personal statement of 250 words or fewer to the Terrell Marshall Diversity & Inclusion Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 20 for fall scholarships and by December 20 for spring scholarships.
Winners are selected in late August and late January, with scholarship disbursement occurring in September and February, respectively.